Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2020

The Extreme Kapa Haka

On Monday after school we went to Kerikeri High to watch my big sister perform. We had to be there by six thirty pm to watch them perform. My nana and papa came along to watch my sister. My nana, papa, mum and my sister went in and the kids were practising. They came in and their kapa haka tutor was saying how their nana Blossom passed. The shell horn went off and they said the same karakia like we do and I actually got to say it. It was really fun because we got to see Troy Kingi’s son.  It was really funny because some actions they were doing were pretty weird. I loved watching my sister perform but then  I looked over my shoulder and I saw my nana crying and I got pretty sad. Have you ever performed on stage to do Kapa Haka and how was it?      



       

No comments:

Post a Comment